-

-

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Apartments.....and the things I will not miss about them.

I will NOT miss
-sharing a wall with Shiloh and hearing him scratch it at 4 o'clock in the morning
-sharing a wall with the laundromat and hearing people's stuff bang in the dryers
-paying $1 just to wash 1 load of clothes.
-taking my laundry across the building only to find out that all of the washers are full
-the smoking hangout spot being on the patio right outside my window
-the maintenance man and his daughters smoking in the laundry room
-hearing my neighbors yell at each other.
-going up a flight of 25 stairs every time I need to leave
-going up and down a flight of 25 stairs several times and running to the car in the rain just as many times just to get the groceries in the apartment from the car
-hearing my neighbor's puppy yipe and whine and cry at all hours of the day and night.
-stepping in said puppy's poop on the patio.
-Hearing the garbage man emptying out the huge dumpsters on the street in front of me on Monday and Thursday at 5 am, on my street on Tuesday & Friday and 5 am, and the street behind me on Wednesday and Saturday at 5 am.
-a lack of counter space
-folding chairs and card tables as our main furniture
-having to eat in the living room because the kitchen is too small for a table and chairs
-being without a couch
-having to go through some parts of storage to find the things that I need and then only to realize that I won't be able to find it and I have to do without or buy something that I know I have but can't get to.
-not being able to decorate for my favorite holidays because everything is in storage
-having a blanket for curtains because we don't want to buy some that won't work for our house
-having my shower water turn cold whenever the washers in the laundromat get used
and finally.....
-paying for something that isn't ours...

Well I know this was a bit of a rant, but I had to get it off of my chest, so there it is. Sorry if you got all of the way to the bottom. A lot of complaining, I know. I am also sorry if you can empathize with any of the these things. I really am thankful we have a place to stay and I know it could be worse. Just to keep that in mind the next time the puppy starts barking at 2 o'clock in the morning is the key.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, you really do have it bad there. I bet the puppy poop was just the last straw! Hope you can get into a house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had to live in an apartment with a child. It must be so hard...I did hate the smoking issues in apartments and the stairs and the laundromat. I sure hope you can find a house and get out of there ASAP. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete