-

-

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nov 22nd... Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for our bodies. They are amazing. Unfortunately Shiloh has had a cold this week, but as I watched him start to get better, I started to think about that whole process. Our Heavenly parents created us, and our bodies, with such amazing perfection. Our bodies know exactly how to root out infection and heal us from a cold or other illnesses. If we brake a bone, the bone eventually fuses back together. We slice our finger, our skin grows back together. As I thought about this most of the week, I realized what a miracle and work of faith our bodies are. It is a miracle that once something is broken, it isn't that way forever. The other amazing thing about our bodies is that, in conjunction with faith, anything is possible. We pray for a loved one to get well soon, and then we exercise faith in their behalf and a miracle happens. Things that aren't supposed to heal do, or things that take longer to heal miraculously heal in a few days! I am so thankful for my body and the hard work it does for me everyday and I am grateful for Heavenly Parents who made mine the way they needed to, with enough weakness for me to fall or to get sick, so that I might try to obtain enough faith to be healed. It is an amazing process and I am thankful for it. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, and speaking of bodies, isn't the whole process of conception....to birth the most miraculous, incredible wonder of all? It boggles my mind to think about it. I marvel and thank our Heavenly Parents, and you Mothers for your partnership in that process. Procreating is the most difficult and fabulous physical experience we get to have here on earth. And to top it off, it's not just the mothers' bodies that are amazing.....just think of the perfect little body that is forming inside of YOU, Mom! Wow! Yes, I'm thankful for bodies too! Love ya Brittani!

    ReplyDelete