-

-

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Going through the motions and goals.

Get up. Make breakfast. Send the hubby off to work. Play with Shiloh. Nap time. Shower during nap time. Eat lunch. Play with Shiloh. Clean. Nap time. Clean or read scriptures during nap time. Hubby gets home. Eat dinner. Play with Shiloh. Bath time. Put Shiloh to bed. Clean. Go to bed. Repeat.

Sometimes, I look back at my week and I can't even differentiate one day from another, or I can't even remember what day it is. You may ask yourselves, "What does this have to do with goals?" or "What is the point of this post?"

Well here comes the part where I answer those questions. I am making a goal. My second for the year. I am going to write in my journal everyday. Not a long entry by any means, but at least a sentence. What I am going to write isn't very specific, but there are guidelines. These include: the entry has to be positive, the entry needs to be something that happened that day, and, although it doesn't have to, I would like the entry to include something to do with motherhood or finding the joy in everyday life.

I need to get out of this rut where I just go through the motions of being a mom, you know, the "lather, rinse, repeat" kind of mentality that I currently have going on. I wrote it on the blog so that I am accountable for it. Please, feel free to ask me how it's going. I have a great life and I need to start looking for the great things, and this is a solution for how I am going to do that.

2 comments:

  1. 2 thumbs up! I love journal writing. And I think daily journal writing is the best. Even if it is short, it just keeps it from being a boring "summary of my week or month" if you do it daily. And I like the goal to keep it positive each day. I need to get back into that habit. I did it for my 8 week challenge but have been super bad at it for the past 3 weeks.

    Also, if you get into the journal writing mode but want to have an occasional change of pace...I have a great "Recipe for Writing My Life Story" that I think you would really enjoy. It isn't chronological or contrived. It is fun and allows you to be in charge and spend 5 minutes or 5 hours at a time....depending on what you want. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the starter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am way interested in it. Please send it along :)

      Delete