-

-

Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking back at 2011

I was sitting here for the past 20 minutes or so, enjoying the quietness of a napping child. As I sat, I started thinking over the past year.
It has been a complete whirlwind of a year.
Starting in January of this year, my life was changed forever. I had Shiloh. That, in and of itself, was enough to change my life forever, but we also have had so many other life altering events come over us this year.
Kenny started looking for jobs and that seemed to be crazy enough. Then came all of the interviews, all of the flying back and forth.
Then it was official. ken got a new job in Missouri. We had four weeks to put our house on the market and look for a new one in Jefferson City Missouri. We went through our house and sold everything that we couldn't take with us.
We had to say goodbye to two of the best pups ever. That I think was one of the hardest things about leaving Utah. Besides everything else we had to say goodbye to, we had to say goodbye to Piper and Pixie. I still miss them.
We also had to say goodbye to the first home we ever owned and to the home that we had so many good memories in. It was also Shiloh's first home.
We packed up flew to Missouri and beat all of our stuff here by about 2 weeks. Our first homebase here in Missouri was the Baymont Inn. Kenny started his new job, and I started trying not to get lost on my way back from the grocery store.
Then we moved to an apartment, that has been home base ever since. We sold our house in Utah. We spent countless hours looking for one here. We found one, it didn't work out. We found another, it didn't work out. We went back to the first one, it was seeming to work out.
In the meantime, we found out we were expecting our surprise kid #2.
Finally, we closed on the house this week. Just in time to be added to our list of events in 2011.
We have made many, many memories in the past year. All in all, it was an exciting great year, albeit one that I do not want to repeat because of all of the craziness. Here's to hoping that 2012 will be just as good, but maybe a little quieter...

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I hope you have a wonderful...but less crazy 2012 too.

    ReplyDelete