-

-

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas time!

I do have to admit that we were not the most "Christmasy" family around. Shiloh was getting over strep, I had (and still do have) a major sinus infection, and Kenny was getting over his sore throat as well. Nonetheless, we had a great Christmas, which was quite laid back. In the morning we let Shiloh open the presents that were left that he hadn't already gotten to previously in the month. He had, of course, no interest in opening any present for the camera! Apparently, he had already gotten the ripping paper need out of his system and was completely bored with it by Christmas morning. Kenny and I obliged in opening his present for him, and trying to keep him interested in the process was a bit difficult.

This is the closest he got to the presents on Christmas morning. After this one he was bored. (You can tell by looking at the picture that we even stopped and had an outfit change before opening the rest.)

Here is daddy helping the smiley by open up a present!

Once the books and toys were unwrapped though, it was whole new story. He loved playing with and hugging everything he received. I also made Monkey bread for breakfast. That is a Williams' fam tradition and then I made wassail, a Russell family tradition. Shiloh didn't want either, so we gave him bananas:)

What a goober! I love all of his cheesy smiles!

We went to church for an hour and listened to hymns and talks. Then we came home and had naps and made some food for a get together we had been invited to. After nap time we headed over to Brother and Sister Hippen's house. They are a very nice older couple in our ward who invited us and many other families who lived away from family over to their house fro Christmas dinner. We had a great time. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring camera for the latter part of the day, but you can imagine that it was crowded, there were a tone of kids running around all hopped up on sugar from their stockings, and their was a ton of really great food. We had a blast and are so thankful for their kindness in letting us come.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go making monkey bread! I have not always had the best results with it but mine came out good this year and my kids love it. I also wanted to tell you thanks so much for making that recipe book for Mom. I got a look at it over skype and I am so impressed!!! That was a labor of love and thank goodness for your artistic genius too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to kiss that cute little face again! He reminds me so much of Kenny.

    ReplyDelete