-

-

Friday, December 9, 2011

The first weekend in December....Part #1

I know, I know, I know, I am totally behind in my blogging, but I am trying to get caught up. The first weekend in December Kenny had Friday off. So we decided to kick ff the holiday season and see what Jeff City had to offer. Let me tell you, it has A LOT to offer!!! There was no way to get to everything there was to offer the first weekend in Jeff city and all of the cute little surrounding areas. I can't even fit the whole first day into one post! There are so many things we still are planning to do, but we will see! I just love the small town feel here and how they do so many fun things. I took some pictures of the events we went to!
Well since we were supposed to move into our house before Thanksgiving, and we are still waiting for it to close, I wasn't really sure that we were going to do any holiday decorating, but it was just making me soooo sad. All of our Christmas Decor is in the storage unit and almost impossible to get to. I was getting pretty bummed about it, so we thought we would look for a Christmas tree lot and get a tiny Christmas tree. My mom had bought me a few decorations while she was in town. We drove all around town, but there were no lots to be found! I thought that it was kind of bizarre. So, I looked online and found out that they do not have any lots here. Instead, you go to the Christmas tree farm and go pick out your own and cut down your own. How fun! So we decided to go check it out. It was so fun. We didn't cut our own because those were bigger, but they had a little section of smaller $10 trees that were pre cut for you. There was free hot cocoa and coloring books and candy canes. There was even a free hay ride! It was sooo fun and I am not sure why we would do it any other way. So here are a few pics from that part of the outing.

Cute little pic of Shiloh standing by himself for a few seconds....

This is the Truck that they do Hay rides on. So Fun!

There were soooo many trees!

The owner offered to take a family shot. He was the nicest guy. He said that moms always got left out of the pics, and he thought we should have one with all of us!

After we got it, we went home and decorated the tree with our few decorations. Shiloh only got one ornament off the tree before he realized he was terrified of the tree because it was poky! I guess I should be happy about that, but I have tried to no avail to get him to touch or come close to the tree, but he won't.

Our little tree. It is shorter than me, which you can't tell from this pic. We don't have any lights, but it still turned out pretty.


The only time Shiloh got near the tree.

His new favorite noise maker:)

It was such a fun morning. I am also super excited that I was able to get a tree and feel a little less bah humbuggish!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful country- what a cute family - what a nice Christmas tree! The only thing that could be better is when you get your own house! I know it will all come together soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tree....and very kid friendly :)

    ReplyDelete