-

-

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shiloh is 2!!!!!



Can you believe that I have a 2 year old?

Well I can't.  It seems almost unfathomable to me, and yet, at the same time, it feels like he has always been in our little family.  I can't remember what it was like to NOT be a mommy.  I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Shiloh is a bundle of joy, and temper tantrums.  But what 2 year old isn't?  


Shiloh Loves to help.  He can successfully stand on his step stool and put the silverware away correctly.  I find that very impressive. He loves to "wash" dishes (or stand on his step stool, run dishes under the cold water, take them from the dish drying rack and put them back into the sink, fill up clean glasses with water, drink it, and then accidentally-on purpose pour it out on the floor) He likes to shove Eli's Cheerios and binky in his mouth, even if he doesn't want it.  He likes to help me cook.  He loves to help me feed Sam.

Shiloh is a talker.  It amazes me how much clicks in that little head of his.  The other day he was saying, "Shidoh Kenniff Woolyums (Shiloh Kenneth Williams)" over and over again. I told him that was his full name.  Then Sam came up and took his carrot out of his hand.  He proceeds to sternly reprimand the dog like this, "Sammy Kenniff Woolyums, No No No!"  Kenny and I laughed.  Can anyone guess what I say when he is in trouble?  He knows so many words and talks in sentences.  He does have an interesting word for raisins though.  He calls them Rainies.  I love it.  I don't have the heart to correct him.  He also calls baby chicks, baby chips.  I won't correct that one yet either.  Whenever he gets in trouble, he automatically says, "Sorry mom, sorry mom, sorry mom, sorry mom" amid a shower of kisses on your leg or arm or hand or whatever of you is closest to him. He won't let you talk or try to explain to him what it is that he did wrong.  He just wants to move one.  I guess we all should, right?


He has a really sweet side.  He loves cuddles and kisses and hugs.  If I am gone for even a few minutes, when I come back in he says, " Mommy, I miss you."  Then he gives me a hug. He will then proceed to give Kenny and Eli and Sam a hug and tell them that he missed them too, even though they stayed at home with them.

 *WARNING Poop Story Ahead*

We are working on potty training in the most nonchalant way we can.  I am not going to be pushy or anything yet.  He sometimes seems quite interested, and other times, he is not interested in it at ALL.  The other day I was going to go to the bathroom.  I asked if he would like to sit down on the little training potty and try to go.  I told him that his daddy would be really proud if he went potty in the potty chair.  He agreed.  He sat there and grunted.  He tried.  He kept telling me, "it not working mommy".  I said that it was ok.  I also would ask if he would like to get up.  He was determined.  He wanted daddy to be proud of him.  We read books.  We sang songs.  I think he sat there for close to 20 minutes.  When he stood up, there was the tiniest, smallest, littlest piece of poop ever, like the size of a couple of grains of rice.  He was so proud.  We had to leave it in there to show daddy.  It was hilarious.  When he showed Ken, he beamed.  This was such a funny experience, and the first time he had ever actually (and I mean actually in the loosest sense of the word) gone potty in the potty chair, so we took a picture.


Shiloh's general likes:  the color green (for now), cars, trucks, tractors, trains, animals (especially turtles and dogs),playing with blocks, crashing the blocks towers that Ken and I make for him, playing with micro machines( or in his words, little cars) playing with Sam, tickles, his doggie and blankie, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, chocolate, carrots, broccoli, green beans, milk, tormenting little brother, and claiming that everything in the house or in someone's hand besides his own is his.


We sure do love him and are soooo happy he is in our family.  Happy Birthday Shiloh!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Shiloh!!!! Wish we could be there with you to celebrate. Loved the poopy story. That is classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Shiloh! What a big boy! You have such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy. Be good to them! I love you! Grannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, what great memories you are preserving. There were many LOL parts there! Such a funny age. Wishing you another great year Shiloh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I forgot Tommy used to love to help wash dishes too! :) (also, go potty training! That's awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty impressive that he got some poop in the toilet. Maybe he won't be afraid of pooping in the toilet later like all of my kids have. I can't believe he is 2....yet other times I forget that he isn't 3 like Spencie :)

    ReplyDelete