-

-

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Our Christams Letter

Just thought that since I am on a roll with this whole "get my blog back up to date and whipped into shape" thing, that I would post our Christmas letter.  Here it is for all of you who did not get one in the mail because I was too sick, or my kiddos were too sick, or <insert any other lame excuse here>. Love ya all and enjoy!



Williams’ Family 2012 Perspectives
This year was quite an eventful one, to say the least.  There have been a myriad of changes in my life.  I have switched cities and homes.  This is a great thing.  I love it in the country in our small little town of Tebbetts.  I love the fresh air and the space.  I LOVE the space.  I was pregnant when we moved so I felt like I didn’t help out much.  I more or less watched Ken and our friends paint our house and move things in.  What a good husband I have! I had Eli at the end of May.  It was a wonderful experience.  I had him at home with my hubby.  I definitely wouldn’t have done it any other way.  I also got to take a trip to my parents’ home in Utah in August.  I took the boys, and with the help of my family, I got some much needed R & R.  I have to say that the adjustment from one boy to two has definitely been a doozy for me.  I anticipated it being difficult, but I had no idea what I was in for.  On the bright side, I love them both immensely, and I have been given the opportunity to rely on, and get to know the Savior more through this grand experience called motherhood.  In the past month or so I feel as though I have fallen into motherhood with two a little more easily and things are feeling normal as opposed to new, and I like that.  I wish you all, my friends and family, a Merry Christmas.  I hope the light of the Savior shines bright through your holiday.  Have a blessed year to come!              ~Brittani~
This year has been an adventure for me.  After moving across the country in August of Last year to Jefferson City, Mo I packed up my family again and moved out of the city and into the country.  It is still only a 15 minute commute, but it feels like our little piece of heaven out here.   It is quite peaceful and very beautiful.  Our closest neighbors are the 12 cows that live next door.  I have met other neighbors, but the cows are Shiloh’s favorite ones, and I quite like them too.  This spring I planted a nice garden, and despite the worst drought in decades I still managed to bring in a pretty good crop.  Work has been challenging, but good.  We got a new Food Service Director so there have been some changes.  Despite the other two managers not liking Him and quitting, I don’t mind the Guy.  He was a Chef before and that is helpful to me.  With Eli joining the family that makes it so the boys outnumber the girls three to one.  I guess, if you count the dog, it is really four to one.  Me and the Boys all took a turn at the hospital this year.  Shiloh and I with Hernia’s, Eli with RSV, and Sam getting the snip snip(neutered)  I thought that with the Home birth we would be staying out of the hospital this year.  NOPE.  Well Life is good.  My favorite things about our adventures this year are Tractor rides with Shiloh, watching Brittani give birth to our new son here at home. (Brittani is amazing), and bouncing up and down in unison with Eli in the Jolly Jumper.  I love my Family and I love the My Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!      ~Kenny~
What a Year!!!!!!  I finally learned how to walk on these two legs of mine, and I am telling ya, life has never been better. I like to RUN RUN RUN RUN.  There was a bit of a hiccup in the running in March when I had to go to the hospital. OUCH!  Hernia surgery is not for babies.  My mommy’s tummy was getting really big earlier this year.  She kept telling me there was a brother inside.  I had no idea what I was in for.  One day in May, I went to my friend Ryker’s house in the morning, and in the evening after dinner, I came home and there was my mom with this tiny thing she kept calling Brudder.  She talks to him in a high pitched voice and mom and dad seem to get a kick out of it if I do it too, so I give them what they want.  That Brudder, or I-lee, (what kind of name is that?) seems to be getting better at being fun.  At first he just cried and cried and he took the attention away from me.  I am so darn cute that I didn’t think it was possible for mommy and daddy to look at anything but me, but Brudder, he sure can get loud!  I love making him smile though.  I also learned how to talk really well this year, but mommy and daddy seem to need me to say everything a few times before they will do what I say. Sometimes I take a cue from Brudder and talk really loud.  It helps me get what I want.  If mom and dad would just do what I said the first time, I wouldn’t have to yell. Merry Christmas everyone and don’t forget to turn on your Christmas lights 24/7, it makes me really happy.      ~Shiloh~
Splash! That’s how I came into this family. With a splash, in a kiddie pool in my mommy and daddy’s front room.  Besides spending a week in the hospital for RSV at 3 weeks old, life has been pretty smooth.  My parents even get up to play with me at night still. These guys don’t have a clue, so I have to break it down for them real simple.  WAAAAAAAAHHHH.  That means FOOD. NOW.  MMM MMM MMM  put a little growl with that and you’ve got “I am WAY past tired.”   I have gotten really good at the art of pathetic so that my mommy will pick me up.  I just think everyone should carry me around.  I mean I am really compact.  Who wouldn’t want to hold me and my cute face ALL DAY LONG.  I am a pro at the jolly jumper. When I smile I use my whole body to get the point across.  I think Shiloh is hilarious.  He is the only one who gets how funny spitting is.  I am learning to sit up on my own.  These guys keep putting all of my toys just out of grasp.  I don’t get it.  It must be a grown up thing, but don’t worry. I let ‘em know it isn’t ok with me.  I do the simplest things and they cheer and clap.  I am livin’ the life I tell ya. Happy Holidays, and I promise next year to be into everything.  ~Eli~
Woof! I was born on the fourth of July, but my family didn’t find me until September.  Things are pretty simple here for a dog.  The only thing I can’t seem to figure out is the difference between the rope on the ground and those darn socks.  They are both fabric and they smell the same to me. What’s the big deal if I keep stealing them?  The little people keep giving me things and then the big people keep getting and taking them away.  Sometimes I wish they would all just decide what was right and wrong in this house.  It gets so confusing! I mean if you had to eat dog food, and then a little person gave you string cheese and crackers, wouldn’t you choose the latter?  For some reason the bigger people don’t get it.  The smallest one doesn’t say much, but he sure likes it when I lick his face.  I have to be quick about it though, otherwise he might get a fistful of my fur. YIKES! The next to the littlest one has me confused for a bed or a bench or something.  I didn’t think it was that hard to tell the difference between a DOG and a piece of furniture, but alas it must be. Merry Christmas everyone, and don’t forget to send me a bone or a sock.    ~Sam, the dog~

3 comments:

  1. This was such a fun way of telling about the year from everyone's perspective! After reading this Sienna went and wrote a long piece about our rabbit's life from Sofi's perspective. So you inspired a budding author too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that yours was the most entertaining and creative letter I got this year. I absolutely loved it. The whole paragraph about Sam made me laugh. It would be amazing if we could really know what those young kids and dogs were thinking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your letter was fabulous! I let Kenny's 3rd and 5th grade teachers read it! They were impressed....that either their Kenny was a world class writer, or he was clever enough to marry one! I'm not sure if this will post. It doesn't seem to allow me like it used to. Grannie

    ReplyDelete