-

-

Monday, February 13, 2012

Ode to Kenny

Well, I am actually not really sure what an ode is supposed to sound like, but this will be me appreciating my husband as a daddy. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of patience and love that he shows to Shiloh. It always hits me in a certain situation that happens ALL of the time. Kenny has been doing a lot of fixing up and mending and hammering and drilling.

Shiloh is a daddy's boy and he thinks he needs to do everything that Kenny does.

Shiloh always feels the need to "help" daddy.

Now most people, and I am not talking about impatient rude people, but in general most parents might get a little frustrated, or ask for the other parent to come and entertain the child for a second when they get in the way of a job that is to be done. Not Kenny. He smiles and helps Shiloh with the screw driver or lets him sit in his lap to watch the drill go. He rarely needs me to keep him out of his way. And Shiloh isn't just watching, he is picking up tools and standing in front of the job to be done. It never really seems to phase Kenny. He just switches into daddy mode, and it warms my heart every time.

Here is Kenny hooking up the ice maker, and Shiloh bringing over his wooden tools to help.

Here is Kenny talking to Shiloh about what he is doing. Shiloh is VERY interested.

Here is Shiloh taking the piece that Kenny needs to screw on. Apparently, he thinks he needs a closer look, some inspection, if you will.

Here is Shiloh "helping" out with the task at hand.

I guess why I am so amazed by it, is that I am not that patient. Not even close, and I need to learn to be a little more that way. Now I know it sounds a bit mushy to go off on what a great daddy Kenny is, but I figured since tomorrow is Valentine's day, you all would be a little more forgiving.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog! It made my whole day! I really appreciate such sincere and kind comments! And welcome to the blogosphere!

    now following you :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Kenny stole all the patience genes from the Williams family because I am with you, I don't have it. So cute Kenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a sweet daddy! I've watched you with Shi and you are a patient, kind little mommy! Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Janelle said -- Kenny must have got the lion's share of the patience gene. But none of his family is surprised that he is an excellent Daddy. We always knew he would be a great husband and father. He had to have lots of patience and understanding growing up with us 3 as sisters :)

    ReplyDelete