-

-

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fun in the sun... well actually, just fun in Utah in the winter.

There is no way I can tell you about every little thing we did in Utah. I felt as though the week just flew by. I definitely needed another whole week just to see everyone that I wanted to, but alas, that was not in the cards or the vacation time from Kenny's work. We were excited to just go out there and see a bunch of family. And that was accomplished. I should have taken more pics, but I didn't. My mom says she will get me some from her camera, so I will have to post those another time.

Shiloh was amazing on the 2 hour car ride to airport and then the 2 hour wait for the plane, and then really great for the 3 hour flight. We lucked out on the way there because the plane was relatively empty and the stewardesses let Shiloh walk to empty rows with one of us to play. I think the "change of scenery" helped his mood for the trip.

We got there on Saturday night (Jan. 28th) Before we even made it to Utah County, we stopped to see a friend that was in town just for the weekend on the way from the airport to my parents house. We got to see everyone in my family Saturday night and basically just did a lot of laughing and chatting. Nothing formal, but fun.

Sunday we celebrated Shiloh's, mine, and my little sister's birthdays at my family's house. It was a lot of fun. Shiloh enjoyed all of the attention and Kenny and I enjoyed that he was loving being passed around to everyone else. We were truly spoiled when it came to everyone else wanting to hold and take care of him:)


Here is Shiloh and his aunt Chandi. He loved playing with Chandi. This was taken at our family dinner on Sunday.
Here we are just hanging out with my fam.
Shiloh and Pop Pop. Also really good buddies all week.
Monday we went to see my grandma in Bountiful. After that we went to the mall to find out the gender of our baby boy due in June. Then,we met with some friends of ours and had a dinner. The MacPhersons, The Glausers, and The Richards to be exact.

Tuesday, we went and saw Kenny's sister Janelle at her new house in Springville. We also met her youngest, Rebecca, for the first time. She is so sweet and a a real cutie. That night was some fun with our good friends from our old ward, The Hendersons. Just from those two days alone I realized how blessed with friends we were in Utah. I have to admit it has made the first few days home really hard.

This is Me and Shiloh and one of Cami's twins, Ben. They were just adorable. My mom has a pic of both the twins and Shiloh together. That pic will definitely be forth coming.

Wednesday, we had breakfast with my little sis and her hubs in the morning. That night we went over to The Glauser's house and ate dinner and played some games. The Richins came over too. Krista Richins, and Steven Glauser, and Kenny all went to high school together. So, needless to say, there is always much reminiscing, laughter, and poking fun. We had a blast.

Thursday, we went and saw Kenny's grandparents. Kenny's grandma is blind, but she still loves to play with Shiloh and they had a lot of fun together. That night we headed over to my sister, Cami's house, for a sibling dinner. It was really low key, and a lot of fun. It is so fun and interesting to see one of my sibs falling into parenthood. It was good.
Shiloh had never seen a piano before until Kenny's grandparent's home. He LOVED it! He would pound and then turn the pages on the song book and then pound again.
Here is Shiloh and Kenny's Grandma. They had fun together.

Friday was packed to the brim. I saw an old friend of mine, Julie Escobedo, then I was treated to a prenatal massage for the first time (thanks to my dad for letting me use one of his free massages at massage envy!) Then Kenny's sister Heather and here kids came into town from Rexburg, ID. We headed over to Janelle's house again and a fun family dinner. All of Ken's sibs and their fams were there, plus a few aunts and an uncle. It was such a fun time.
These are all of the grandkids on the Williams' side. I thought about just sticking my belly in the shot for the fun of it, but then I thought better of that idea. I just don't know when we be able to all be together again, and didn't want this next little one to feel left out. :) We were all together at Janelle's.
Shiloh opening a present from his cousins.
He and Mason got along splendidly. Mason was such a great cousin and big buddy for Shiloh
Here is Kenny being one of the kids as always.

The last few days we really tried packing things in. On Saturday, I hung out with my fam in the morning, then I went to lunch with my two sisters. It was a lot of fun. I don't think the three of us get together very often. Things usually happen in twos with my fam. I loved it! Then we headed over to Ken's grandparent's house again. All of his siblings were there and a few cousins that we hardly ever get to see. It was all out craziness with the kids jumping around, but it was crazy in a good way. After that, Kenny's sibs and us went out to dinner without any kids. It was a lot of fun. We went and ate some papusas. I started feeling sick at this point, but decided to try an ignore it. It was our last night in Utah. Then we went and got some ice cream, headed to Rachael's and just chatted. I started feeling really sick at this point, plus we had packing to do still for our flight, so we cut out a little bit early.
Unfortunately, I really was sick. I must have eaten something bad. So, I wasn't much help with packing, but I tried.
Here we are with Ken's grandparents

We Left Sunday morning. I was still sick as a dog. The trip home was not nearly as smooth as the trip there, but I guess we can't be that lucky twice. Shiloh screamed for about an hour on the plane, and the plane was full, so no musical chairs for a distraction. He had a blow out diaper in the car ride home. His pants and a sock were sacrificed to the garbage gods at subway. I felt miserable, and Shiloh wouldn't fall asleep in the 2 hour car ride home until the last 45 minutes, even though he hadn't had a nap all day.

Well if you got through this post, you are a champ, and a very dedicated reader. It is a long one, but I never can seem to get a part 1 and a part 2 close enough together. All in all, it was a great trip and full of fun. I miss everyone, but it does feel good to be home.

3 comments:

  1. That picture with you and the twins makes me laugh so hard! Add Shiloh in the mix and I would have died - that is SOO MANY BABIES!!! :D Glad you had fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you all! Glad we were able to make it down to visit with you. Sorry that you got sick that last night. I wonder if it was something you ate at dinner? or lunch? or just pregnancy ickiness? Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if this is coming through. I loved all the great pictures, and even got some of them to go to my iphoto so I can print them. What a busy week! Can't wait to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete