-

-

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Losing my mojo or my mind...either way I have lost something....could be my marbles.

What day is it?
Have I showered yet today, or was that yesterday?
Wow, you are right. I hadn't realized I was still in my pj's dear.
What's for dinner? That is a very good question at 6:00 pm, but I don't have an answer.
Oh yeah, today is my Birthday.
Wait, Valentine's Day is in less than a week?!?!?!
Nope, I didn't realize that Shiloh had two different socks on.
Oh it is snowing today? I hadn't even noticed.

I know that being pregnant makes you forget things. Or you do stupid mindless things, such as putting the Peanut butter away in the microwave (something done this week), but I swear this is beyond anything that I have experienced. I am constantly forgetting everything. Beyond the actual forgetfulness, there is this underlined lack of attention, or even any real desire to care in the first place.

Now this has been going on for a while now, but I really noticed it after we got back from Utah. Probably because I live in the middle of no where. I don't see anyone except for church on Sundays, and a grocery excursion 1 time during the week. It is just that when it is winter, you don't go outside. There are no real excursions that Shiloh enjoys that include a shopping cart or being told that he can't crawl around. We just don't go anywhere. In contrast, while in Utah, I saw all sorts of people during the days there so I got ready everyday, I never really had to plan to make meals, just who to have them with, and the date didn't really matter except for the one in which I was leaving. I haven't lost enough to not remember big things like going home on a plane.

It has been this funk of all funks. Not sure how to get out of it either. I feel ridiculous getting ready for the day when I literally will only be seeing Shiloh, and then Kenny for about 2 hours that day. I read my scriptures. I feed my kid. I change his diapers. He gets dressed and cleaned for the day. All of the truly important stuff is taken care of. Anything else just seems like it doesn't matter, or I just forget about it altogether.

One day I will be out of this fog. Until then, if you show up at my house unannounced, don't be offended if I am still in my yoga pants from yesterday, and I thought that maybe I had forgotten that we had planned something, and so I seem all out of sorts that my mind still isn't working at its normal capacity.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I lived close enough to give you a drop in surprise! Miss you and I'm glad we could have a good visit with you when you were here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too. It was way too short to get in all of the time I wanted with every one

      Delete