-

-

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Shiloh the big brother...16 months old


It has been a long long time since I have done a Shiloh update. I feel myself falling further and further behind with a ll of the progress he is making. It seems like in the past 3 weeks his vocabulary has absolutely blown up! He copies every word you say. He makes up his own words. (To be described later) He is such a big boy. He is growing up and I have no idea how to keep up with his ever increasing curiosity. He is a DEFINITE boy. He loves the dirt, bugs, his sand box, swimming, food, and anything that has to do with tra-tors (tractors).


He is an amazing big brother! He loves little Eli with all of his heart. It is his "job" to check on the baby and give him kisses. He still gets a little sad when I am feeding the baby and I can't come with him right then. Hopefully he will gain a little understanding soon, so that he doesn't get his feelings so hurt. It must be tough to go from being the center of attention, to sharing the spotlight with another.

He is still tall and skinny. His pants never stay up, but he eats non stop. He wishes that I would just keep popping bites of food into his mouth as he played. I am pretty sure that half of the time he eats more than me. He loves corn, peas from the garden, enchiladas, chicken, watermelon, grapes, anything with BBQ sauce, and especially anything he can dip into something else (i.e. toast in soup, eggs in ketchup, chips in salsa). He is a very interactive eater. It never ceases to amaze me the places that his food ends up.

He loves to sing and loves to be sang to. He also does all of the hand actions to quite a few songs. His favorites include the itsy bitsy spider, the wheels on the bus, popcorn popping, I'm a nut, if you're happy and you know it, and book of mormon stories, just to name a few. He also loves birds, and all animals. But he could watch the birds out the windows for hours.

Some of my favorite things that he says his own way are, in no particular order:
ut-mo (open)
neh (milk)
meh-men (watermelon)
mummy chillalas (yummy enchiladas)
peace (please)
det-doo (thank you)
tra-tuh (tractor)
caw (car)
gaw-kuh (cracker)
nayneh (raisin)
wah-wuh (water)
Cah Coh (Cardinal)
pootey (Blue jay)
turtey (turkey)

He actually says quite a few words right, but I just love the ones that he has either made up for himself or that he translates into a way that only Shiloh can say. It is such a fun stage as he realizes that things have names and meanings and as he strings two or three of them together to get his point across. Sentence of the day today: Gawkuh peace ut-mo (cracker please open) It also seems to keep some of the tantrums at bay since we can understand each other a little better.

He is just a a joy to have in my house. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up! I better not blink too long, or I might miss some dang cute stuff.

1 comment:

  1. He is growing up so fast. He will be a super big brother too! What a cutie. Can't wait to see him and Eli in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete