-

-

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Motherhood...A Metaphor

Motherhood just seems to look good on some women. They slide so comfortably through all of the transitions of motherhood that you would hardly ever know that anything had changed at all.

I am not one of those people. Currently motherhood is a pair of jeans that are 3 sizes too small and I am trying to stuff myself inside of them and then waddling around and hoping that no one can see how truly unfit the pair of motherhood jeans are on me.

I guess, so to speak, I need to work out A. FREAKING. LOT. That way, eventually, the mommy jeans will fit. This is going to be work. Hard Work. But worth it in the end.

P.S. If anyone has some great suggestions to keep a 16 month old busy while I nurse a 3 week old, the suggestions are more than welcome.

3 comments:

  1. :D Amen! My kid thinks that pipe cleaners and pony beads are the end all be all for "lonely play" games. I also give him pipe cleaners and a strainer and that will buy me at least 15 minutes. Of course you're likely feeding that baby 2 million times a day, and pipe cleaners are only entertaining for so long....BEST OF LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first piece of advice is get some comfortable pants. Everything seems better when you are comfortable. So even if you don't want to buy pants in that 3 sizes bigger, do it. Or wear some cute yoga pants (they double as pajamas!) But I think being comfortable cannot be stressed too much. You will feel better about everything! You just had a baby!!! Allow yourself some slack and don't kill yourself over what you don't fit in yet.

    As for keeping him busy...anything new and novel is good. Measuring cups, magazines that you let him rip up, I like the pipe cleaners idea. But I'll be honest -- sometimes I resorted to the TV. It works. It's easy and when used in moderation can save your sanity and if you pick great shows like Blues Clues can even teach the kids something too :) Ohh, I bet he would love Bob the Builder -- all those tractors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's when I'd turn to some good PBS kids shows and kid videos. My girls loved Sesame Street and Baby Einstein. Also if he doesn't eat crayons, my kids liked coloring from a young age.

    ReplyDelete