-

-

Friday, June 22, 2012

Eli's first bath...Still playing catch up.

SO I am still playing catch up on the blogging, but I figured that I better get my tushie in gear before I was really, REALLY behind. A couple of weeks ago we gave Eli his first bath. We had to swaddle him because the poor kid screams when you change his diaper and I didn't want to completely shock him with nakedness for more than 60 seconds. You can't tell in the pictures, but he cried about half of the time.

I remember how scared I was to give Shiloh his first bath. I was scared he was going to slip out of our hands and drown in the baby bath. I was afraid to lift him out of the water because he might cry, I was afraid to scrub too hard, I was afraid of the water getting into his eyes....

This time around I was just excited that the umbilical stump had fallen off and that we could finally make our cute little guy smell just as good as he looks. :) He did cry, but I wasn't really afraid of the crying anymore. There are just some things about having a second child that are easier, and the nerves subsiding a bit, is a huge perk. This bath time experience was quick and not nearly as monumental as Shiloh's first bath, but in a good way. It seemed normal. I could use a good dose of normalcy these days, so I welcomed the feeling. Eli is now getting to the point that I think he likes his baths up until the point where we get his hair wet, then he is cold and fussy. We are making great strides in the right direction though.


No comments:

Post a Comment