-

-

Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Poo Poo"



I had one opportunity to be a good mother this week, and by good mother and opportunity, I mean that Eli decided to sleep for an hour or so while Shiloh was awake (miracle of miracles) , thus giving me an opportunity to have some one on one time with my Shiloh (again, miracle of miracles).

I asked Shiloh what he wanted to do. He replied, "Poo! Poo!" Which translated means, "Pool! Pool!" So I stripped the kid down to nothing and took him in the backyard and threw him in the blow up pool. He loves the water. I put the deck umbrella over him and the pool so as not to burn that fair skin of his. He was splashing around a jibber jabbering for a few minutes. I was sitting in a deck chair with my feet in the pool.

Shiloh starts singing. This is nothing new. He has the cutest little sing song voice in the whole world, and he makes up his own songs all of the time. Th songs have become even cuter now that he knows so many words.

Then he started singing this little diddy very sweetly and loudly, "Poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo." I was overwhelmed with his adorability at that very moment. Then the song turned into more of a scared whimper. I got a little confused, then the song turned into crying and screaming and pointing and yelling, "poo! poo! poo!"

Now I am sure that you can see where this is going. I should have listened more carefully to the words of his song. I should have paid attention to the slightly awkward stance that Shiloh was standing in. Most importantly, I should have never threw the kid in the pool with nothing on.

As I looked over to the place he was pointing at, I realized there were several "poo poos" floating around in the pool. This is where I was not so enchanted by his adorability. I scooped the kid up out of the pool so that he wouldn't be permanently traumatized by his own poo floating in the "poo". He cried on my shoulder for a few minutes. I dried him off and put some dry clothes on him. As I start to embark on getting the tools I needed ready for extraction of poo from the pool, Eli so kindly woke up and needed to be fed...

Kenny ended up having to clean it out that evening. I never got the chance to do it before he got home. There was never an opportunity for me to do it again that day.

I have learned my lesson: Even if you live in the middle of no where, with cows as your only neighbors, and no one will ever see you or your child, you should never let your kid swim naked. You just might have to scoop poo out of the "poo".

2 comments:

  1. ba ha ha ha ha! I love it. :) Poor kid, I'm sure he'll be just fine - as for you? I'm impressed! You're brave and AWESOME. My mom never took me skinny dipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad about being so absent for so long. Now that I have a phone and I know mom is there I will try and call soon so I can talk with you. I am so sorry that life has been so hard lately. I know it will get better! This story was hilarious. I hate floating poop!

    ReplyDelete