-

-

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cluck like a chicken...or "bock" at your chicken? No vegetarians here.

Shiloh is in a really fun stage. He is starting to grasp that things have names, that some of these things make noises, or that certain noises go with certain names. It is amazing and fun to see his mind start grasping things and learning so rapidly. It is also sometimes hilarious.

We went out to dinner on Saturday night. We don't go out very often, but we were feeling a "lets get out of the house" moment. Applebee's was having some sort of special, so being the cheap family that we are, we decided that we would go there.

Kenny and I both ordered Entrees that had chicken. Now, I am sure that you can see right where this is going, but I will elaborate anyway. We are cutting up different things for Shiloh to eat: noodles, shrimp, potatoes, carrots, chicken. You get the picture.

One of us says to Shiloh, "Eat your chicken, buddy."

To which he responds, "Bock, bock, bock." in his best impersonation of me doing a chicken sound.

We giggle. We think this is pretty funny. It gets better. He realizes which food is chicken. Every time he picks up his chicken pieces to eat them, he decides to "bock" like a chicken. He had us laughing ridiculously hard.

That's right folks, he makes the sound effects of his food, and it doesn't bother him one bit. Definitely not a vegetarian on our hands. I had to write this story down. It makes me smile every time I think of it. :) Gotta love the mind of a 1 year old. I know I do.

2 comments:

  1. That is really smart actually....to transfer the pictures of an animal and the sounds it makes from a book, to food of the same name! What a genius. I miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete