-

-

Monday, March 12, 2012

(FYI This is Kenny)

I think this is my first time to post on our blog, but today I just cant help but say how very thankful I am for this beautiful Earth and for this beautiful day. Work was business as usual, but courtesy of daylight savings time we had plenty of sunlight and warmth to enjoy afterwords. Today we planted 6 fruit trees in our small orchard. We planted Two apple varieties, two cherry varieties, one plum, and one nectarine tree. We planted them in the front by the pear tree and another mystery fruit tree. Shiloh and Brittani were able to sit outside on a blanket and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and warm air and play with the dirt. Shiloh Got to hold his first worm, Mom was a little grossed out, but Us boys really enjoyed it.

This was my first digging project in our yard, and I was SOOOOOO pleased to find that there were no rocks in the soil. (well I did find 2 small rocks, but who is counting? ) The ground was soft and easy to dig. Then I was so excited about the digging that I dug a hole by the road and put up our house number post. Now people will be able to find our house without giving instructions like, "it is after the 35mph curve sign, before you go back up the big hill on the left side".

After eating dinner and putting Shiloh to bed we went outside and watched the end of the sunset, (Still wearing Shorts) The stars were so beautiful and the temperature was still above 70 degrees so we got out the telescope and looked at the stars and planets. I just have to say that I love the beautiful country out here. I love the smell, the sounds, the pace and calm, the beautiful trees, flowers, grasses, the bright stars. I love watching and listening to the beautiful birds, taking Shiloh to the fence to look at the cows and Geese, walking through the woods and hearing the trees blow in the wind, and just sitting out in the yard relaxing and listening to the sounds of nature. It gives me such a still, calm, peaceful feeling that helps me remember why we are here in this life. I am so grateful for God's beautiful creation. It is truly a wonderful creation to behold.

Kenny

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kenny! You are poetic like Brittani when you want to be. But kidding aside, I'm glad you shared your thoughts and that you are enjoying it out there. Spring is such a miracle every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I am thankful for you. My daughter is a happy girl and so much of that is because of you and the life you have built together. I never wanted you to move far away but if it brings that kind of joy to you , that's all that really matters. More than anything I want you and Britt to be happy. It looks like you have found it in Tebbetts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be a Blogger - Kenny! Woohoo.

    It sounds lovely. Wish we could be there to see it and enjoy it with you.

    ReplyDelete