-

-

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Shiloh and Motherhood

 Tomorrow marks the four year anniversary of me stepping into the grand challenge called motherhood.  That also means that it is Shiloh's Birthday tomorrow.  I can't believe he will be four.  Actually, the funny things is, he has been saying he was four for a couple of weeks now.  In case you missed it, we had a baby at the beginning of this month.  Since Ken's mom was here helping out with all of the baby jazz and toddler jazz and Kenny knee surgery craziness, she wanted to celebrate with us.  I thought to myself, "why celebrate twice?"  I mean, normally,  I would be all for cake and balloons and parties twice, but I am going to restate it, I just had a baby and it seemed quite stressful to plan all of it twice, so we celebrated it once, with Kenny's mom and it was a lot of fun.

The Birthday Boy blowing out the candles!


We didn't go all out, but we did blow up balloons and make cup cakes.  We also, unpictured, did our annual taping of streamers in front of the bedroom door.  Shiloh loves running through the crepe paper streamers and tearing them down.  I wish we would have gotten a picture, but we were all so tired that we forgot to wake up earlier than him  to take a picture of it, but it was still fun.  Shiloh got a betta fish for his birthday.  We did do a little scavenger hunt for him to find all of the supplies with the fish being very last. It was fun and he was so excited about having a fish of his very own.  He named it seaweed very first, but then amended it to Nemo with the middle name of Seaweed.  He is very into first and middle names.



Shiloh with all of the fish supplies.
Shiloh is such an experience everyday.  He is precocious and lively.  He is talkative and social.  He is a definite charmer. He can get just about anyone to do just about anything.  He has a future is sales or marketing, this one.  He loves the color green.  He loves monster trucks.  If I let him, he would wear his monster truck shirt everyday!  He is also a walking musical.  He pretty much sings his whole life story.  You can often hear him singing a song about what he is doing at that very moment, even if it is about being in time out and how mean his mommy is for sending him there (That actually happens quite often). He is the best vegetable eater I have ever encountered.  Broccoli might be his food of choice.  It would come in second only to chocolate.  He is strong willed and determined.  He is smart and might talk like a 30 year old some days.  I love him! I am glad that he is my little boy.  He would correct me there and tell you he was a big, BIG boy, and that he is almost as tall as daddy, but he isn't a toddler or a baby anymore, and that is bigger than I could have ever imagined he would get four years ago.  This ride called motherhood can be rocky sometimes, but I am so glad that I am on it.  I wouldn't trade it for anything and it all started with my four year old guy!  Happy Birthday Shi!




               









2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Shiloh is that big already! Crazy. I miss that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Shiloh! You are an amazing big kid. :)

    ReplyDelete