-

-

Thursday, January 29, 2015

More of the Micah... and a little of the rest of us too



I know that I haven't put anymore pictures of Micah on since he was first born, and let me tell you, this kid has grown!  He is a champion eater and fusser! Almost every week, when my midwife comes, he has grown another pound.  I am not used to that kind of growing, but I will take it.  It makes me way less worried about if he is getting enough to eat, because, well... he is getting enough.  He weighs in just under 11 pounds at just shy of a month old.

The older boys adore him.  They can't wait for this little one to start noticing them.  I think we will hit a whole new high when this guy can smile back at them or even just notices that they are talking to him. We have to be careful when Eli holds him because when he is done, he is done, and he will just shove the baby off and jump down from the couch.

Shi loves holding Micah.

Eli holding him and Micah with his usual face on

It was a rough start for Eli to warm up to Micah but now all he wants is for him to be close.
 Micah's first bath, kind of.  JonnaLu and I gave Micah his first bath.  It didn't go so well.  I thought that surely we would get a picture of it, but he was screaming and squirming and he knocked the plug out of the sink with his foot and all of the hot water ran down the drain and JonnaLu was trying to frantically get more water in while I was trying to hold onto a squirming, slippery baby.  We called it quits and wrapped him up.  Then we took a picture.

 We tried it again.  Same results. Again, a picture of the aftermath.  He sure is cute all wrapped up in a towel, less so whilst screaming in the water.  We have gotten into a better bathtime groove with him.  He now like a solid 75% of the baths we give him.  A definite improvement from the beginning.
We love having Micah around.  He is fussy.  He doesn't sleep well, but he makes our family feel complete.  Here is to hoping that the next month of Micah will be a little more well rested and a little less fussy.


My Beautiful boy!

I congratulate you if you got to the bottom of this post.  It was a long one.

4 comments:

  1. Another adorable kid. You and Kenny sure have cute little boys. Can't wait to meet little Micah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! He has changed so much already in the first month, chubbier and cuter every day I guess. Sorry he is not sleeping well, hang in there momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete