-

-

Friday, January 2, 2015

Micah Bryce Williams

Micah Bryce Williams graced us with his presence yesterday morning at 4:42 a.m.  He weighs 8 lbs.  which is quite hefty for one of my babies.  He is 20 1/2" long and a little chunkier than I am used to.  This has earned him the nick name of "Squishy".
I had thought that he would be born in December, but he wasn't having any of it.  He decided that New Year's Day seemed a much more appropriate Birthday for him.
I went to bed on New Year's Eve at about 9 o'clock ( I know, totally lame, but I am so glad that I did).  Ken and I had spent the whole day at doctors' appointments for his knee.  As a side note,  He is on crutches, and has to have surgery in just a few days.  Anyway, I went to bed early thinking that I would remain pregnant forever.  I woke up at about 1:30 in the morning for a normal pregnant lady pee moment.  I got a huge contraction.  It was so out of the blue.  I continued to get them hard and fast.  After an hour, I decided to wake Kenny up, who had only been asleep for 2 hours, because he decided to stay up until the new year.  I also called my midwife.  Things were happening way faster than I planned.  Sarah, my midwife, lives about 50 minutes away, and was coming right then because she was going to fill up the birthing pool and get all of the other things ready because, well, I was in labor, and Kenny was on crutches and not supposed to stand.  
Before Sarah got to our house, I told Ken that I thought we needed to start setting up the pool because things were picking up.  The two of us tried to get everything set up.  When Sarah got there,we started to fill up the pool.  At his point  I was in hard labor.  This was new terrain for me.  My shortest labor prior to Micah had been 10 hours long.  There was lots of mentally getting in the game before the stages switched.  This was different  I had been in labor for a little over two hours and felt like I had to get in the pool.  The pool wasn't even full yet, but I got in anyway.  This is where things got a bit intense, but I tried to stay positive. Sarah was such a calming presence to have around.  After about another 45 minutes  Micah came barreling his way into the world.  My other two boys were still asleep in their beds.  Micah came into the world squealing and loud and perfect in every way.  Shiloh woke up to the baby crying and came out.  He was so intrigued by the cutting of the cord and all of the commotion that was going on inside the house.  It was totally his sort of environment.  He loved on Baby Micah.  Eli slept til his normal time.  When he came out of his room we asked if he wanted to come and touch baby Micah, he said, "no" and walked away.  E still seems a bit indifferent towards him, but I think he is warming up.  We are so happy to have our third little guy join the family.
Here is Micah sleeping on my chest just an hour or two after coming into the world.

Me and Micah a couple of hours after he was born (ps I love having a baby at home for many reasons, but one is that I get to go lay down in my own bed afterwards.)

Eli, Me, and Micah.  E only gets close to baby if he gets to cuddle with me too. (Notice Ken's hand holding Eli next to me, silly kid)
  
Shiloh insisted on pulling a funny face in his picture with daddy and baby.  What a silly boy.

Me and Ken and Micah.  This was taken right before Sarah left yesterday morning.
Happy New Year to us!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy New Year indeed! Thanks Brittani for blogging already and sharing your birth story and pics with us. What a cutie he is already! Tessia and Maya always argue over which one of them had the chubbiest cheeks as a baby because they think that is the definition of baby cuteness, so the extra weight is in his favor. :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids were just eating up the pictures. They are so excited to have a new cousin! What a wonderful New Years gift!! Sounds like things went so smoothly. I know what you mean about just going to fast, but your midwife got there and even though it wasn't full you were able to deliver in the tub! He is adorable and I am so proud of you!! Congrats and hope that you adjust well to the new little one and the new family dynamics. Remember it will all be ok... in a few months from now :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete