-

-

Monday, October 31, 2011

Party

So Kenny's work had a "harvest" work party a few weeks ago, and I am a bit behind and haven't blogged about it! I wish we would have taken more pics. It was such a beautiful day and a beautiful place. It was at and "farm and orchard". It is called Apple creek farm and orchard, but it is really an old farm converted into and events center of sorts. We enjoyed a hayride with Shiloh. There was a live band playing. There were also all sorts of things for older kids to do, but we just hung out more or less. There was also a beautiful little trail that lead down to a small lake. There wasn't anyone around to take a pic of us on the dock, so we set the camera on the stroller. The pic actually turned out pretty well.

They also provided a lunch for us. They pit roasted a whole hog as pictured below. Kenny thought that this was really cool and took like 5 picture of the roasted pig. It kind of grossed me out and I had to sit with my back to the serving table while I ate. Sometimes I would just rather not think of where my meat comes from so literally. Anybody with me? Kenny really wanted me to post this picture.... It is a bit unappetizing though!

Thanks St. Mary's for a wonderful lunch and time!

2 comments:

  1. Cute family picture, yucky pig picture! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I bet it was a yummy pig dinner....that would gross me out too. Too graphic.

    ReplyDelete