-

-

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Hartsbrurg Pumpkin fest

So there is town that is about 15 miles away from Jewfferson city called Hartsburg. This is a teeny tiny town with a population of less than 150 people. Yes I typed that right...LESS than 150 people live in Hartsburg. It is a cute and quaint little town. Every year they do a little pumpkin fest. There are all sorts of tents set up with lots of things to buy...very interesting things I might add. they also have a huge pumpkin patch that you get to pick your own pumpkin in. The town has been doing this for festival for like 40 years. Every year they get over 50,000 people that visit in these two days. Again, no typo, 50,000 people in this tiny town. It is insanity! But it is also a ton of fun. We just had to go. Luckily someone local told us to go by 9 a.m. on Saturday so that you could beat most of the crowds. There were still tons of people, but it was so worth it!!!
This is a picture of the 3 of us with our cute little pumpkin that we chose. being in an apartment, with no doorstep to the outside makes it hard to display pumpkins, so we just got one for the heck of it!

Along the way there were all sorts of fun things to do and so many things I could have taken pictures of, but I found this huge cat kind of festive and fun!
This is just such a cute pic of my buys, I had to put it in.

Things not pictured: the amazing cinnamon sugar pecans and almonds that we bought and munched on, all of the amazing hand crafted wood furniture for sale (I want it all!), The cute wooden tractor and wooden tool set we got for Shiloh to play with, and all of the really fascinating things that people actually make. This blew all of the hand crafted doo dads for sale that I have seen at any fair I have been to! People are particularly talented here in Missouri. All in all, we had a blast. I can't wait to go next year. I think that this is going to have to be one of our family traditions. The only thing I would change is that next year we will bring more cash ;)

6 comments:

  1. I'm missing you guys! Soo good to see pictures! Love the one of all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to go to as a family. Shiloh is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun place! Tell Kenny I like his new look. Guess he is enjoying the freedom of not having to shave for BYU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will. He is enjoying that for sure. Both of your parents told him he looks like a terrorist. hahaha We have been laughing about that for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the facial hair Kenny....but it did take me by surprise for a second. I'm not used to it.

    That pumpkinfest looks super fun. Maybe we'll come out and join you at it one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Kenny! I guess we'll never live that comment down. I wish I could take it back! You really are a handsome, lovable man/son. I just wasn't used to the darker look...your hair, all of it,is so dark! Love ya tons you know/ MOM

    ReplyDelete