-

-

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The day I realized that I might not need any more kids. (a post meant to be taken in jest.)


Wow! What a great picture, huh? I am sure you are saying to yourself, "Now what in the world are you doing posting that picture?" I actually think it is hilarious.

The picture is actually the end of the story. Let me start from the beginning.

I am drowning in messes pretty much every minute of every day of my life currently. Most nights I go to bed thinking that I should have cleaned up more of the toys, and inevitably, I step on something in the middle of the night, reaffirming the previous thought.

You see, Shiloh is a miniature cyclone. He literally loves to spin in circles, and most of the time whilst spinning in circles, he is bumping into things and knocking things off of shelves. He is also figuratively a cyclone in which he tears things out boxes and drawers and shelves, not in a circular manner, by any stretch of the imagination, but the after math looks as though a cyclone had made its way through my living room

The other day, I went to a Mary Kay party. It was a lot of fun. Then someone asked me how many kids I had. I told them two. Then they asked this little diddy of a question, "How many more kids do you want?" I told them I wasn't sure, but that I might be okay with just two. (She was a Mormon... I have found that people of other faiths never ask that question when you have a 2 month old.)

After Mary Kay, I went grocery shopping. I had to pick a few things up, and one of the things I had to pick up was.... wait for it..... *gasp*.... sorry mom.... condoms.

Now here is where all of these stories come full circle. Shiloh is a cyclone who got into grocery bags, and, therefore, into the condom box. He brought me some. (Reference the first pic for visual) I thought that maybe this moment was an omen. My 18 month old was telling me something. The lady at the Mary Kay party was trying to get me to realize it too. The forces of the universe had combined at this moment to help me admit what I had already been thinking, but was too afraid to say out loud. They were telling me, that maybe, I might be okay with just having two kids(*).

You may say to yourself, "Lots of people have just 2 kids."

Well, I am Mormon, and it seems to me, that other Mormons tend to have a lot of kids, they also keep asking and asking you about when you are going to have the next and the next. They did it after Shiloh, and they have started doing it now after Eli. Well people, just look at my pics and ponder what you think the universe might be trying to tell me.....

*I have not decided officially, and I am subject to change my mind, but I wouldn't expect that change for at least another 4 years or so..... Just sayin' that I don't want a bunch of posts trying to convince me to have more kiddos. When it is your decision I will ask you about it :)

5 comments:

  1. I remember those questions and I hated them too. You do what is best for you and your family! As for the Shiloh picture I laughed out loud! He is all boy, all toddler. I love you guys and look forward to our next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah ha ha ha ha ha! I love Shiloh and I love you for taking and posting that pic. Whether you are good with "just" two kids or have 10 more you're an incredible mom. :D Most people don't teach their kids the sex ed stuff until they're at least old enough to talk - but you're WAY ahead of the game. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they would ask the "are you having more" question when Eli is so young. No mom, Mormon or not, is thinking about getting pregnant and having another one when their baby isn't even 3 months old :) I have to admit I am an asker of questions like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! I've been laughing about this since I read it this morning! Hahahahaha! I hate the "when are you going to have another baby" question! Why do people think that's any of their business?! I don't judge anyone for how many kids they choose to have--I know that I'm barely hanging onto my sanity with the 2 I have, and can't imagine how you are managing with 2 so close to together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny! Good times, good times. And I agree with the rest of the comments. It is no one's business -- and everyone is so different. I have a couple friends here with 10 or 11 kids. I know that I would DIE (or I would kill some kids) if I had that many kids. But everyone is different and we just have to accept that. It has been a bit challenging for me at time to accept that. Why can't I handle 10 kids? Why don't I want 10 kids? Does that still make me ok? Of course the answer is yes, that life is not for everyone, but still...sometimes I doubt myself. You and Kenny will make the right decision for your family...when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete