-

-

Monday, May 14, 2012

Unforgettable...

Only getting 3 hours of sleep because of screaming child+a child who is screaming with fever and hand, foot and mouth disease(i.e. rash on bottom, soles of feet, hands, and in mouth)+ hubby at work for all of Sunday+being 8 months pregnant and having to bend over and clean up said child's poop out of the bath tub=

One unforgettable Mother's Day

Luckily it didn't end all bad. Kenny got to come home a tad early and he grilled me food. It was delicious! It's a good thing I have him around. And he made me breakfast this morning and let me take a nap, so I have been treated kindly and I felt appreciated. It just didn't pan out quite the way I anticipated is all.

I guess I spent Mother's day being a mom (which includes, but is not limited to: cleaning up poop, pea, puke or any other bodily fluid that comes from a child, running around the house like a crazy person, kissing boo boos, washing dishes, running myself ragged, loving one adorable little boy, making sure all of his needs are met before I even think of brushing my teeth for the day, and so on and so forth...), and not kicking my feet up. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, and maybe a slightly less eventful one than my own!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like real life. Too bad real life doesn't take a break on Mother's Day. I always try to make it be that way...but usually I end up disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh so sorry! Poor little guy and poor mommy! How long do you have symptoms for the hand foot and mouth disease? I know it is contagious for quite awhile if I remember correctly. Hope no one else gets it!

    I have to admit that I am always disappointed with all that I have to do on Mother's Day. (Don't tell Brad) I am remember when we were teenagers and finally able to allow my mom not to have to do as much. So I guess in 12 years we may actually start to get a break :) I need to call you. I don't have your number again because the cell phone still isn't working. Send me your number in an email or give me a call later this afternoon if you can. Any day of the week in the afternoon usually works for me.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I've always been afraid of my kids getting that disease since I've heard of it. So sorry about that! Mothers Day does get better as your kids get older. First they start bringing you cute notes from primary and school when they get that age. This year for the first time Sienna was old enough to pamper me with a "foot spa" treatment. It made me feel old, but old age has its perks I guess.

    ReplyDelete