-

-

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Grannie and Pops Came to Town

 Grannie and Pops (Ken's parents) came to town and the very tail end of summer, over Labor day weekend.  It had been about 2 years since they had visited our house, so it was a good time having them here.  The boys especially loved all of the extra attention they got and had a hard time of it wen Grannie and Pops had left.  Kenny ended up having to work most of the time his parents were there, with the new hospital switch over coming up soon, but he did get to take a few days off.  We mostly just did normal everyday things (Sorry Grannie and Pops) but we snuck in a few adventures.

There was a tomato tasting and festival in Columbia.  I didn't get a single picture of a tomato, but we got one (a very poor one at that) of us on the tractor trailer being pulled to the event from the parking lot.

One of the days when Ken had to work, Grannie, me and the boys went to St. Louis.  Kenny's cousin Julianna and her little family live there, and her parents were in town. (her dad is Grannie's brother).  We had lunch, we played, and then we went to this magnificent, and very large, children's museum called The Magic House.  It was amazing, and the kids had a blast!!
 I just loved the above pic because I think the whole time we were at this station, Eli would just push his head into it.  He is such a ham!
 Shiloh learning all about water.  He was so methodical about the way he played.  His apron had to be on just so, the toys had to work a certain way, and he wanted to play with them the way they were "meant" to be played with.
 Eli, on the other hand, had a screaming tantrum over just trying the apron on.  He ran and slipped and squealed with delight.  He splashed and stole toys that we had to give back to other children and got generally soaked.  They both had the most fun in this area, even if they played completely differently.
 Eli fixing a car
 The construction zone... Great Uncle Brad Helping Shiloh with the machinery.
 Eli in the wheel barrow with the rocks.
 Grannie and pops showing off our large head of cabbage.
 I think half of their trip here was spent reading books to the boys.  Eli especially loved bringing books to Pops to have him read to him.  I am so mad that I didn't get a picture of that!  It was adorable.
We went for a walk on the Katie Trail. 

We are so glad that they came to visit and, as always, I wish I would have broken the camera out a little more, so that we could remember all of the fun we had, but I can't seem to remember to stop having fun for a second so that I can take a picture of it. Next time... maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was so much fun! I was especially fond of the chickens and eggs thing! You won't have a memory of this, but I loved our morning at the Runge Center. The boys were so cute, and I hope they remember all the deer we saw. And I will never forget the 4 trips back and forth from your church over the key fiasco! Thanks for hosting us. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the fun by blogging, even if you didn't take as many pics as you'd like, you did better than I do. I tend to take more pics when I am the one going on the trip and forget to do it when I have visitors.

    ReplyDelete