-

-

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ummmmm.....snow is falling all around...and breaking off huge tree limbs off of my tree.



Last night, it started snowing...AGAIN.  We just had a good 8 inches of snow a couple of days ago.  We had another storm start last night.  We woke up to a good 7 or 8 inches this morning with only more snow in the foreseeable future.  I just wish that our tractor would have enough traction to plow our extremely long driveway.  This morning, at about 1:30, I awoke to the hugest thud against my in my room I have ever heard.  Kenny shot straight out of bed, which, if you know him, is a huge feat.  My heart was pounding.  We looked outside and a HUGE limb from our maple tree was laying against the house and on the front deck. (I will have to get a picture of that here later) We also woke up to the power going on and off at least 10 times, and every time it turned back on the oven would beep.  The weather advisory radio also woke us up twice.  The funny thing is that both of our kids finally slept through the night for the first time in a couple of weeks... The picture above is from the first snow.  I am working on pictures from this snow.  It just has to be day light outside first.


4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope it didn't do any/much damage! How scary! That tree has probably been there for 50 years! Thank goodness it didn't drop right on your bedroom! I heard about Kansas City beeing paralyzed by another storm, and I worried about you too. And the boys slept through it......the one bright spot!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCARY!!!!! Now you guys are finally getting a "good" or bad winter. Glad that the tree didn't hurt anything, or I hope it didn't. I loved that Cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture. Terrible storm. Glad you are all safe. Can't wait to see more pictures of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your winter has come late and with a vengeance! I hope the tree didn't hurt your house. I HATE it when storms disturb my sleep at night. Much more interesting to watch it in the day. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete