-

-

Friday, August 15, 2014

Toddlers

I interrupt my normal playing catch up routine to tell you one or two facts about toddlers.

The first fact: 3 year-old's are very honest.
The second fact: 2 year-old's repeat only the bad or inappropriate things they hear. You can't get them to say "please" for anything, but "stupid" is programmed into their heads immediately upon hearing.

Point in fact:  The other day I stand up from the table, and Shi says to me, "You have a really big bum, Mom!"  I try to take a big breath, and not be offended or reply back (I know, I am as a bad as a kid). Shi realizes that I am in a stunned silence (not because I have any disillusions about having a small bum, but just the fact that he already is noticing these things.) Then he tries to justify by saying, "Well, you do.  It is bigger than mine and Eli's and Daddy's."  Awesome. I just told him that we shouldn't talk about other people's bums.
 E now goes around saying to me and Ken, " You have BIG bum, mommy/dad.  Hahahahahaha." He says it at least 5 or 6 times a day.

We haven't been around any other adults since then, let's hope that he only thinks to say it to family!
Heaven help us if he says it to the wrong person!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Just tell them all girls have bigger bums! They're comparing you to all the skinny boy ones you have around there! No fair! You might need another female around the house for support! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, kids are so funny! You'll have to let us know if he says it to anyone else. ;)

    ReplyDelete