-

-

Thursday, May 1, 2014

PARTY!!! - or - Happy Anniversary! A trip to St. Louis with no children.

Kenny and I went away to St. Louis for our anniversary.  It was the first time that we had taken a trip away from the kids.  I was a little anxious, but it sure was worth it. My good friend Sharon came over Friday afternoon to stay with the kiddos and we left.  Sharon is a saint.  Everyone in the whole world needs a friend even just half as good as Sharon.  She is the best!

We went to the St. Louis temple on Friday afternoon.  Then we hit a Japanese restaurant.  It was delicious, and of course, I have no pictures.  We didn't think to break out the camera until the next day.  It was just really awesome to eat dinner and not have anyone cry or ask for something else before I even got to take my first bite of food.  I think we could have had PB and J for dinner and it would have seemed just as heavenly. The delicious food was just a cherry on top.

Then we went to the hotel.  We swam. We ate ice cream.  We watched movies.  We didn't do anything we couldn't have done at home, but it seemed so different.  I did worry about my kiddos, but then again, I trust Sharon completely, and my kids LOVE her, so I didn't worry too much.

The next morning we visited the St. Louis Botanical Garden.  It was beautiful!  It was the perfect outing.  We got walk around and chat and look at gardening stuff.  I think we might have been close to heaven.  Kenny is a budding photographer, so he got to practice a whole lot on some really beautiful scenery.  I will have to do a post of some of his flower pics.  They turned out great.
Here we are in a temperature controlled dome.  We saw all sorts of plants that we wouldn't have normally seen.

Here we are in our truest forms.  We really had such a fun time together.  I can't believe it has been 8 years.  Time just flies when you are having fun, and chasing two little tornadoes around all day.  Happy 8th anniversary to us!

1 comment:

  1. What a great anniversary getaway! 8 years! Wow, you still look like kids! When we come see you in the fall, we'll watch the boys and the chickens so you can have another get-a-way! Love your blog entries. 3 more weeks until retirement! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete